In order to get more knowledgeable1 active users I think it would be worthwhile reaching out to all the hackspace2 communities out there.
- I've asked questions of my local hackspace and got great answers before.
- They have many users with questions and many skilled professional engineers who also have community awareness and answering skills.
- Many very similar questions are asked over and over in all these communities worldwide - Engineering.SE is exactly the solution to this problem.
So here are my questions and discussion starter:
Is this a good idea and how should we go about it? I can think of lots of pros, are there any cons? Should it be coordinated? What specifically do we want to say to these maker communities? Any other comments?
1. That is an increased number of knowledgeable users rather than users who know more than our current users.
2. a.k.a hackerspace; makerspace; hack-lab; maker-shed; community workshops; and many other names.