As a follow-up to this question:
Should we allow hackspaces to have their own tags?
I think this is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure about how well it would fit into the SE format, or if it would be accepted/appreciated by the wider community.
- People can follow their local hackspace and easily see questions from people in their own local community, get involved helping out with projects, etc.
- It can help existing communities cooperate with the wider global community while retaining some identity and thus extending their community spirit outwards
- It encourages a great open/sharing mindset within the Engineering.SE community
- Other organisations such as large engineering corporations may want/expect their own tags, or users may assume this is ok and create them
- Such tags wouldn't be about any specific engineering subject so may confuse some users
- It may be difficult to name them clearly and consistently because hackspaces tend to create their own identity rather than following a consistent naming convention
I would love to hear people's thoughts on this.