physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
- Physics 61.7k 61.7k 1212 gold badges7979 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Aviation 13.6k 13.6k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Engineering 9.9k 9.9k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Philosophy 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 1.2k 1.2k 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 166 Why do fans spin backwards slightly after they (should) stop?
- 162 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 136 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 109 Why doesn't the road lose its thickness to the tyre?
- 92 Why do rain drops fall with a constant velocity?
- 75 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 74 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- View more network posts →