physics enthusiast and electric bassist, recovering ex-engineer (there's a 12-step program for that but it's notoriously ineffective). Tries to answer questions on the stack exchange in order to help people and improve his game. Website full of weirdly cool stuff he's done at www.nielsenkillowatt.com
corvallis, oregon, united states
Member for 2 years, 7 months
2 profile views
Last seen Sep 4 '18 at 8:20
- Physics 37.4k 37.4k 1010 gold badges4949 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Aviation 7k 7k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Engineering 6.2k 6.2k 11 gold badge33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.4k 1.4k 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 894 894 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 160 Why do spaceships heat up when entering earth but not when exiting?
- 134 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 108 Why doesn't the road lose its thickness to the tyre?
- 73 Why can we distinguish different pitches in a chord but not different hues of light?
- 72 Why does the humidifier make a stove's flame orange?
- 64 Why do fusion and fission both release energy?
- 62 What is meant by "gravity waves we see at sea surface"?
- View more network posts →