Retired structural engineer. I had my practice in Los Angeles for 35 years, doing design and sometimes build commercial and residential projects.
Private pilot, flying for fun.
- Engineering 17.5k 17.5k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Physics 1.5k 1.5k 66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Aviation 985 985 11 gold badge66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 265 265 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Earth Science 164 164 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 38 What are those large poles for that are always in front of US stand-alone store buildings?
- 27 How do bike wheels keep turning when the rider stops pedalling?
- 26 How can a piece of paper be shaped to guarantee it falls slower than a plain sheet of paper?
- 26 Why are some public benches made with arm rests that waste so much space?
- 24 Why are most jigsaw blades designed to cut on the up stroke and have teeth that point towards the shank?
- 17 Why are screw holes in most of the door hinges in zigzag orientation?
- 16 Why don't motorcycles have as good a turning radius as bicycles?
- View more network posts →